SEO Tools You Can Learn At Home
Why learn SEO?
Businesses have now figured out that SEO is an investment that will provide them with rich dividends in the long run. As a marketer or a business owner, it is imperative that you know about SEO and make it work for your business. Whilst there are many layers of SEO from basic to advanced, there are some basic free SEO tools that you can learn on your own. If the post-corona world has pushed you to upskill yourself, SEO is a great skill that can come in handy, with it being an integral part of many businesses’ marketing strategy. Let’s look at some free online SEO tools.
- Tools that you can easily learn at home and are absolutely free!
We have come up with a SEO tools list that will help you in learning the basics from the comfort of your home. The best part is most of these SEO tools are free to use. For better understanding,they are clubbed under broad categories according to their core function.
- Keyword research tools– SEO keyword tools are useful to understand what people are searching for, how many people are searching for it and in what format they want that information.
- Google Keyword Planner: Google Keyword Planner is one of the basic keyword research tools you can start with. It particularly helps you in generating keyword ideas based on up to ten seed keywords, or from a website or URL.
- Ubersuggest: This is a great tool to discover keywords. You can use it to get information like search volume, SEO and paid difficulty, cost per click, etc. It also gives an overview of what it takes in terms of backlinks and domain score, to reach the first page of Google for the keyword.
- Onpage SEO tools– You should definitely look into optimizing each web page in order to rank higher and earn more relevant traffic in search engines.These tools not only optimize the content of the web page but also the HTML source code of the page. Two useful website SEO tools are:
- Rank Math: This is WordPress SEO plugin. Some of the things it can help you with are adding titles, meta descriptions and meta tags to posts and pages, finding and fixing dead links on your website, etc.
- Google rich results: Another Google SEO tool, this will help you to check the structured markup on your page to see whether it’s eligible for rich snippets (the additional valuable information) in the search results
- Technical SEO tools– These help you to improve the technical aspects of your website.
- Google’s search console– This SEO site checkup tool will help you to monitor and troubleshoot your website’s appearance in their search results. You can also use it to fix technical errors, submit sitemaps, see structured data issues, etc.
- Google’s Mobile-friendly test– It is very important nowadays to have a site that is optimized for mobile devices. This SEO optimization tool can check how easily a visitor can use your web page on a mobile device. It also identifies specific usability issues like small text size, use of incompatible plugins, and such.
- Chrome Dev tools– This has endless use for technical SEO and is a built-in web page debugging tool. It is very useful to solve speed and rendering issues
- Link building tools– Link building tools help you to acquire more links for your website, which in turn helps you to rank better
- Ahrefs backlink checker– This is a great SEO check tool that shows you the top 100 backlinks to any website or web page. It also shows the five most linked pages, the total number of backlinks and referring domains, and much more.
- Backlink watch– This is an easy-to-use web SEO tool to track a website’s backlink portfolio. It will return up to 1000 links but the free version does not include the option to export reports.
- Analytics tools– These are SEO analysis tools that help you measure and analyze your data at one place.
- Google Analytics– It is one of the most popular website analysis SEO tools in the market which provides you with data on a broad range of aspects to help you improve your online marketing.
- SEO Workers Analysis tool– This is an amazing SEO reporting tool you can plug in any URL in this site and generate a comprehensive report. This makes analysis easier.
This is a non-exhaustive list of SEO test tools that will help you begin your SEO journey. The corona virus pandemic has necessitated upskilling and we believe SEO is a great skill to learn. Although Digital Marketing Companies can better handle the advanced aspects of SEO, the basics can be easily handled with the above list of SEO ranking tools.